When component was changed?

Binisha August 21, 2012

Hi All,

Is there a way to find out when a Component was changed from one to another in a Particular project in the last xx hours?

Example : Say there is a project called "Project1" with two components "Comp1" and "Comp2" and an issue P1-1 with Component "Comp1".

How can i find out when the component of the issue was changed to "Comp2" in the last xx hours?

Please guide.

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Harish August 21, 2012

Hi Binisha,

The History tab in the view Issue page provides the history for all the changes made to any of the fields in the Issue.

If you change the value of the Components Field, then that should aslo be available inthe History along with time when it was updated.

Not sure if this helps.

Thanks,

harish.

Binisha August 22, 2012

Hi Harish,

Thanks for the response. But i wanted to get a notication or query which helps me to get when a component was changed from X to Y.

As, I am the component leader of Y.

Thanks

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2012

You can't use JQL to find this. As Harish said, change history holds that info but you won't be able to search or produce a report based on it. You will have to write your own plugin for that.

Binisha August 22, 2012

Hi Jobin,

Thanks for the response. But can you guide me what kind of plugin i should be writing so i can fetch the details i.e gadgets/charts or if anyother?

Thanks

Suggest an answer