When I try to load a large SQL dump, why do I receive the following error: ERROR 2006: MySQL Server has gone away? To address this issue, perform the following steps: 1.Open the /etc/my.cnf file with your preferred text editor. 2.Enter max_allowed_packet=

my sql 5.5  how can I change this vaiable without ssh access. and what is the best way to do this the correct code?

how to do without ssh I'm on vps Linux  the answer here below is from cpanel/whm website.  

1. Open the /etc/my.cnf file with your preferred text editor.
  2. Enter max_allowed_packet=# in the [mysqld] section. Replace # with a number.
  3. Save the file.
  4. Restart MySQL® with the /scripts/restartsrv_mysql script.

1 answer

0 vote

You need to edit the my.cnf file and restart MySQL, there's no other way to change the setting.

If you don't have command line access, then you will need to use a tool that allows you to edit the file indirectly.  In this case, as you're using cpanel, the question becomes "does cpanel have a tool to allow me to edit the settings?".  If it does not, then you are stuck with no way to edit the file.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: Magic Eyes

...staring into the background. Once the image pops out in 3D, you can look around the picture and enjoy. If you will see if you are a true illusion master! :) You did it? :) Wow! Awesome! As a bonus...

463 views 83 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you