When I have to choose "Upgrade" the JIRA Software? In case of an existing Servicedesk installation or in case of a JIRA Standard Software installation?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Installing JIRA Service Desk

We installed the new "atlassian-jira-software-7.0.0-jira-7.0.0-x64" software and want to add the new JIRA Service Desk. do we have to choose "upgrade" or "custom installation". Unfortunately, this information is not on your Online inst. guide .

regards...

3 answers

1 accepted

Phill Fox answer is not helpful.  JIRA Service Desk is no longer an add-on.  I'd down vote his answer but I don't have a high enough reputation yet.  The answer does not help.

The simplest approach is to go to manage Addons and search for JIRA Service Desk there. Once you have installed it you can then manage the Application to determine who should have access to JIRA Service Desk and who are your Service Desk Agents.

I hope this helps.

Phill

Hello, please close this thread, we solved this task meantime. Thank you!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in United States

Topic Tuesday: What's your favorite topic?

Good morning All, Our goal is to get you into the habit of while enjoying your favorite morning drink you are checking the NOVA "space" for topics and comments. Your input is really needed and...

50 views 4 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you