• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • When I download a query in the format of an excel file, the file downloads to the bottom of the browser windo but when I double click on it to open it, the file is blank. Pls advise.

When I download a query in the format of an excel file, the file downloads to the bottom of the browser windo but when I double click on it to open it, the file is blank. Pls advise.

Kristan Stolze July 29, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Exporting Search Results to Microsoft Excel

When I download a query in the format of an excel file, the file downloads to the bottom of the browser windo but when I double click on it to open it, the file is blank. Pls advise.

1 answer

0 votes
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2016

It's an issue that occurs with everyone who applied a recent Microsoft security update for Office.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-61891

Basically, you'll need to upgrade to 7.2 for that feature to work properly again. There are workarounds listed in the issue.

Suggest an answer