What will happen with created data if I deactivate an application or a plugin in our Atlassian OnDemand

We have migrated from JIRA Hosted (JIRA + Greenhopper) to Atlassian OnDemand. We would like to use the free month to evaluate two new features: Bonfire and Confluence.

What will happen with created data related to Bonfire and Confluence if we find we do not want to use them and I deactivate them before end of free month?

Will the data disappear or will we continue to see the data but not able to edit/create?

Are there any performance/stability problems when deactivating an application (Confluence) or plugin (Bonfire) with already created data?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Johan,

When you deactivate an application in OnDemand then the data that is stored in that application will be lost, but any data that is stored in the other applications would remain. So JIRA issues that were created using Bonfire would remain, but any test sessions created in Bonfire would be lost as that data is stored by the application itself. However, when the application is deactivated it will be removed entirely and not just put into read-only mode. You shouldn't notice any difference in the performance of your OnDemand instance, regardless of which applications you are using so activating/deactivating applications should make no difference. I hope that answers your questions sufficiently

All the best,
John

Hi John,

Thank you. A very clear answer.

Cheers,

Johan

This widget could not be displayed.

Quick follow-up on this. Is it possible to archive or off-load that data so that we have access to it post-deactivation?

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Thursday in United States

Local Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th

We're looking for participants for another workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sh...

78 views 0 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you