What time zone does Answers use?

J Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2011

The times shown on Answers don't mean anything to me - 'a minute ago' or 'an hour ago' is fine but when it reverts to showing an actual time I can't tell if it was 2 or 10 hours ago!

So what is the time offset from GMT?

Thanks! (Posted 15:53 local time)

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2011

You're comment has come up in EDThttp://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/na/edt.html

Time zone offset: UTC - 4 hours

J Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 24, 2011

Looks right to me :)

0 votes
J Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 25, 2011

That would be handy. At least if the current Answers time could be displayed say at the top of the screen then users could figure out the relative time.

0 votes
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2011

Looks like this is answered, but it seems like there's a feature request here too - perhaps the equivalent of the (now infamous) JRA-9? (by the way, JRA-9 made it into "Summit Nights", a must-see).

I've added a feature request for user timezones. It'll actually be a lot less complex than JIRA - hopefully it won't take 8 years!

0 votes
J Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 24, 2011

Indeed! Now I know to add 5 hours (for now at least...)

0 votes
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 24, 2011

(Posted 15:53 local time) - that would make you GMT+1 (BST perhaps?) ;-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events