What is the impact of Component Creation?

Chris Volker January 6, 2015

We have users creating new Components in JIRA and we are advised by Component Watcher they are doing so.  These users have Project Level Admin permissions.  We receive a banner notification that "User X made configuration changes in section 'Component Watchers' at X time. It is recommended that you perform a re-index".  Do we need to make that re-index immediately?, (Just curious, why does a component need a re-index?)  or alternatively, can we restrict component creation since this does impact a Production environment.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2015

You don't need to re-index after creating a new component. However, I believe that the plugin may need a re-index for some reason. I have added the tag for the plugin to this question to see if maybe someone else knows more about it.

Chris Volker January 7, 2015

Thanks much for your reply! This tells me the plugin is the focus there. We'll see if there are other contributions on the topic.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events