What is the difference between setting the default option to not send vs. disabling the "confluence daily summary email"

jim romaine February 12, 2016

We recently had some complaints regarding receiving the weekly "Recommended Updates" notification from across the site. The documentation states to disable the default to "send or not send" "recommended updates" , but then it goes on to say to disable the "confluence daily summary email", which appears to be the same process?

I would like the "site watches" notices to continue, just not the "Recommended Updates" going out to every and all user of a particular space even if they haven't selected (opted in) to watch the site.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
jim romaine February 12, 2016

After reading through some other issues (specifically: User Receiving Unwanted Recommended Updates Email) I think I have a better understanding of the settings. That there is a user specific setting to receive "recommended updates" that can be disabled (sent off) by default for newly added users, and that the plugin disabling stops going for everyone.

I will send instructions to affected users to change their "User Settings > Email> Subscribe to recommended updates"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events