What is the best way to Migrate our data from a Confluence version3.2 to 4.3.6.

Jacob Fraser January 17, 2013

I have tried a few things.

1) backup space in xml and import it over. this fails every time with duplicate entry error for mysql.

2) I created a same version confluence 3.2 and imported that data over.. it failed at 90% saying error finding a producing a stream for export properties. I did try to move attachments with this backup and I just read that it might be better to just copy them over to a new site. If I ever get this to go 100% I was going to try and upgrade it in place. The problem I see with this approach is it seems backing up a space does not bring over all the customer macros used and plugins... do I have to manually re-install all these?

Is there a way I can just clone a mysql database and then I would have everything ? spaces.. user macros.. plugins??

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jacob Fraser January 22, 2013

I have recieved great emails. I think the route I will take is to try and clone the database with mysqldump and copy directories then try and upgrade my new server that I cloned at version 3.2 to version 4.3. I will then try and use confluence to backup spaces and pages and using these zip files import them into a clean 4.3 build.

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2013

Hi Jacob,

This error is occuring because you can only move spaces XML files between installation using the same Confluence version. To perform this upgrade, you have to proceed with database and home folder import.

Please take a good look into this document here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF43/Upgrading+Confluence.

I believe that here you'll find all the necessary info to get this upgrade done.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events