What is the best practive for having a DR site?

What is the best practive for having a DR site?

We have a production license that is now tied to a ServerID.

We are using mysql database on same server.

do we just do some kind of nightly job to sync up the files and database or is there a better way of doing this? I am assuming if we move over every file onto a new server this license key we have is not tied to a mac address or IP so it should work.

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Timothy Chin Community Champion Feb 21, 2013

Well, Atlassian recommends that users do a backup on the database level. I've also setup a service that backs up every 6 hours. So, whenever the production goes down, you'll have quite a good backup to go on with.

Another thing to remember is to have some sort of a service that backs up JIRA's home folder too. I did setup a network copy for the JIRA home folder before.

Timothy Chin Community Champion Feb 21, 2013

Before I go on, what is DR?

DR = disaster recover. Basically a cold stand by server... in case the primary server blows up.

hi jacob

you can start with this

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/126100/is-there-a-solution-to-automatically-backup-restore-confluence

i built some scipts for jira,confluence and crowd to restore from backups (this is a different part though)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Statuspage

What are your best incident management tips and stories? #HugOps

👋Community members! Downtime happens. And great incident response takes a village. Teams like Support, Dev, SRE, Ops, IT, and Marketing have to come together to resolve the problem while keep...

60 views 2 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you