What is the best practive for having a DR site?

Jacob Fraser February 20, 2013

What is the best practive for having a DR site?

We have a production license that is now tied to a ServerID.

We are using mysql database on same server.

do we just do some kind of nightly job to sync up the files and database or is there a better way of doing this? I am assuming if we move over every file onto a new server this license key we have is not tied to a mac address or IP so it should work.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2013

Well, Atlassian recommends that users do a backup on the database level. I've also setup a service that backs up every 6 hours. So, whenever the production goes down, you'll have quite a good backup to go on with.

Another thing to remember is to have some sort of a service that backs up JIRA's home folder too. I did setup a network copy for the JIRA home folder before.

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2013

hi jacob

you can start with this

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/126100/is-there-a-solution-to-automatically-backup-restore-confluence

i built some scipts for jira,confluence and crowd to restore from backups (this is a different part though)

0 votes
Jacob Fraser February 21, 2013

DR = disaster recover. Basically a cold stand by server... in case the primary server blows up.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 21, 2013

Before I go on, what is DR?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events