What happens with a story that got closed before it got assigned to a sprint in scrum mode

Katja Kühne July 1, 2012

Hey,

does anyone know where i can find a story that was in the backlog and got resolved and closed without getting assigned to a sprint? It stays in the backlog as long its not closed, even in the state resolved. As soon as I close it its gone. Where can i find it in th escrum mode. Its not in the plan, work or report tab. I can just find it if i search for it on th etop right.

Cheers

Katja

1 answer

1 vote
Ivan Maduro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 23, 2012

Hi Katja,

Greenhopper will not keep track of any Stories that have been resolved outside of Greenhoppers boards. Greenhopper has been coded so that you will only show unclosed issues for Plan mode, but will not record any data until a Sprint has been started.

Once an issue has been closed Greenhopper will no longer show it in plan mode. If the story was never assigned a sprint Greenhopper will never record data for it so it will never show up in the Reports. Hence why you can only find it via the Issue Navigator.

I hope that clears things up!

Cheers,

Ivan.

Suggest an answer