• Community
  • Products
  • Bitbucket
  • Questions
  • What does "This account has already been associated with another Bitbucket account." mean and how do I find out what the other account is?

What does "This account has already been associated with another Bitbucket account." mean and how do I find out what the other account is?

Andre Eickler August 30, 2013

In Bitbucket, if I click on "Manage Account", "Connected accounts" and "Google", I get the error message above. I wonder what it means. We use Google Apps for Business and I'd like to connect my Google account to the Bitbucket account, since I am managing our Bitbucket setup.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Wester August 31, 2013
Somebody has added your email address to another bitbucket acct. a bitbucket account can have many email addresses associated with it but an an email address can only be associated with 1 bitbucket account.
Roger Chang November 20, 2018

how do i fix this problem

0 votes
Roger Chang November 20, 2018

roger chang

0 votes
Andre Eickler August 31, 2013

Thanks Daniel, do you happen to also know the second part? I.e., how can I determine that other email address?

Cheers,
André

Andre Eickler September 10, 2013

Apparently, that's not possible.

aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2013

You can report your username to Bitbucket Support and we can look it up for you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events