What does clicking the "poke atlassian" link do?

Jim Bethancourt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2012

I noticed the new "poke atlassian" link on questions I have asked, but I don't find any explanation of what it does in the FAQ and I'm hesitant to go and press it since I'm not quite sure what the consequences are, but gosh it's so tempting to click it, kind of like the Big Red Button:

Can someone shed some light on what "poking atlassian" does?

Thanks!

Jim

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2012

I've never made it do anything useful, although only tried it twice. I think it might be like the "close doors" button in a lift (elevator). Makes you feel a bit better, but ultimately it's not wired in.

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2012

:) +1

I used it once. Behavior: like an observer pattern with zero listeners.

2 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2012

It invites Atlassian team into the loop. Useful when you feel like you need the Atlassian opinion rather than the other active users who are not giving you the "official" word.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2012

I used it once or twice and it was really helpful in cases you really need Atlassian's response.

0 votes
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2012

It sends us a note in our activity stream as an escalation which Answers administrators can see. I was quite good at monitoring it in the beginning, and have slipped lately...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events