What does Votes Left mean in the Answers profile?

Just noticed in the new Answers profile view that there's a little square that says X Votes Left. And when I vote on something in answers, the number goes down. Am I to interpret this to mean there are a finite number of votes? What happens when I run out of votes? <--curious

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

It appears the votes reset on the servers timezone. I woke up this morning expecting to see a fresh allotment of 30 votes but nope, only 9 or so left.

So watch out for that

This widget could not be displayed.

"Am I to interpret this to mean there are a finite number of votes?"

Yes - though it is a daily allotment and resets/refillis daily. When you run out of votes for the day, nothing bad happens, you just can't vote for the rest of the day.

The other daily limit is the amount of karma you can get in one day for being upvoted (300 a day).

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

196 views 18 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you