What advice workarounds are you providing your OnDemand users to navigate the new UI?

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2012

With the release of the new OnDemand UI, we have had significant user experience issues due to the following:

• Removed of custom project tabs that we used to help users navigate to their most common boards, filter results, and pages.
  • Removed of cross-product history; no product history that crosses sessions is available
  • Removed of cross product searching
  • No ability to navigate projects within Confluence with just a project/space menu drop down
  • No ability to quickly navigate between your project's wiki and issue summary easily; they used to both be visual and you could easily jump between the project's summary page and the associated space's home page. There is a shortcut from the project to the wiki; but, nothing to take you back.
  • JIRA search doesn't support autocomplete and doesn't find matching issues; searching on a numeric identifier in the summary or text returns no results; searching on an issue number without a key returns no results.

I've trying to come up with some options that I can implement to help all of the navigation issues and issues just finding information.

Application links is one option - but, that's not viable for us as a replacement for custom tabs. We would be adding over 100 and then that would make for a useless/confusing menu; I did use it for those wiki home pages that are used by most everyone.

Recently viewed in the wiki doesn't work for history as it is only good for your session; I've had them mark their spaces as Favourites and use the profile > favourites > locate project (used to be one click from a drop down menu)

JIRA quick search options don't work for us because there is no way to keep in the context of a project. So, anything that they would quickly bring back, except for 'my', would be in the hundreds, if not more, as it crosses all 35 projects.

Many of our projects have dashboards where I've added common links. But, there is no easy way to get to it as the user is always logged in to the JIRA side.

Any advice on how to address these navigation and search issues are most appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
PauloP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2012

Hi Kalyn

About the new UI, you may use the following link as your guideline to understand where to find the stuffs:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Atlassian+OnDemand+release+summary

However, feel free to customize the user interface using look and feel tool. The link below can be helpful:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Customising+Look+and+Feel+Overview

Also, you always have the option to raise a new support ticket for further details.

Cheers,

Paulo Renato

Suggest an answer