What about adding myself to the jira-developers group enables card drag and drop?

Bill Charlton September 19, 2011

I'm using JIRA 4.2.4 and G.H. 5.4 out of the box. I set myself as a JIRA admin and added myself to the groups jira-users and jira-administrators.

I created a project, some versions, created a card, viewed the card using Agile-> Planning board, then tried to drag and drop the card onto a version. I could not drag and drop (drag-and-drop was disabled) until I added myself to the jira-developers group

What about adding myself to the jira-developers group enables card drag and drop? Can I enable card drag-and-drop some other more straight-forward way?

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2011

Look at the workflow - that will probably have something in it like "only jira-developers can move from status X to Y"

0 votes
Adam Saint-Prix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 24, 2011

I think drag and drop or ranking issues in GH is tied to the Resolve Issue permission. This is the GreenHopper default for Ranking issues (aka Drag and Drop). JIRA's default permission schemes (or one based on the default) will allow members in the Project Role 'Developers', again by defaul this is the group jira-developers.

It's worth noting, you can also use the 'Schedule Issues' permission, to decouple ranking from Resolving tickets.

It could also be a workflow issue as Nic said, but if you haven't modified the schemes or workflows yet, have a look at the permission scheme for your project. It's probably the 'Resolve Issue' permission which allows jira-developers to resolve issues and by extension drag and drop cards.

Suggest an answer