Web Services for JIRA

swingitservices May 27, 2013

Hello,

We are using jira for developers. Now I have 10 clients who wants to know updates I dont want to give them rights to access developers JIRA directly .. I have one application running for clients in PHP is there any way that I can get data from JIRA through webservices and feed in to that application so that they can see how many tasks are completed and whats d status of their projects.

Please let me know.. Thanks.

4 answers

0 votes
swingitservices May 28, 2013

I just want to get my issues from JIRA to get added same time when it add in JIRA to CLIENT APPLICATION on another server..

I need webservices for that if any ? and same thing can be done reverse too ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2013

Jobin's link is to the API that a remote application should use. It contains information on getting data from Jira as well as posting it there by external applications. You'll need to do some coding, and as I mentioned, have a user id in Jira to read/write the Jira data with.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2013

You could allow "anyone" access (read only of course) access to the project(s) they need to see. No user licences used, they can't do anything, but they'll be able to see it all.

That will also allow your other application access without needing a proxy user to fetch via REST. If you don't do that, it's going to have to pretend to be a human to get access.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2013
0 votes
Ubisoft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2013

Hello,

Jira has some ways of accessing his data by the API here :

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/JIRA+Remote+API+Reference

Rest is prefered since other are Deprecated

Suggest an answer