Web Item Plugin Module condition has global permission "user picker"

Hi,

I have made a simple web item plugin which just includes quick links to jql filters. I want to only show this to our internal users and not external users. One clear permission that internal users have and the external don't is the global "Browse Users" permission.

So I was thinking to use the "JiraGlobalPermissionCondition" like the example condition below which uses the "admin" permission. I want to use permission for the "Browse Users" permission but I don't know how to find the correct parameter to use.

<condition class="com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.conditions.JiraGlobalPermissionCondition">
    <param name="permission">admin</param>
</condition>

I tried;

<condition class="com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.conditions.JiraGlobalPermissionCondition">
    <param name="permission">USER_PICKER</param>
</condition>

The web item plugin appears correctly but when I log in with a user without the "Browse Users" permission the web item menu item is still present.

I'm believe the "USER_PICKER" name for the permission is not right but how do I find out valid permission option names?

Thanks,

David

1 answer

I know this is an old question but I came across other permissions while I attempted to figure out how to limit this based on a project role (haven't figure that out yet).  anyway I think you can replace

om.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.conditions.JiraGlobalPermissionCondition

with

com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.conditions.BrowseUsersPermissionCondition

This is just my guess since documentation on this is at best "light".. or non existent. 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Friday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: Riddle me this

Happy Friday, Funmakers! We had a Community Team offsite in Austin this week, and my mind feels primed for thinkin' from all the brainstorming we did!  So, this week's Friday Fun thread w...

121 views 14 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you