Way to track impediments at resource level instead of the story/task level?

Austin Davidson May 22, 2013

We are using Jira OnDemand 6.0 w/ Greenhopper and track impediments at the resource level instead of the story/task level. Is there a way for team members to "log an impediment" (without regard to a specific issue... i.e. "I was impeded for 4hours today because my workstation was down" or "I was impeded for 2hrs today due to unplanned meeting xyz")? And it's important that we can report on these in a way that allows us to review the total number of hours that the entire team or specific team members were impeded during a sprint. The idea here is that we expect a certain capacity for each team member / the team, and we want to be able to track how impediments eat into our expected capacity.

Thanks,

Austin

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2013

My I suggest that you log time down in a specific issue type? Don't associated that particular issue type with the board/sprint as it would skew your graphs (or if you want to). You can then do reports against that.

Austin Davidson May 23, 2013

This is a great suggestion, feel kind of silly for not having thought of it myself. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events