Want to create a link AND create a new JIRA issue in the More Actions > Link menu...

what I really want to do is enable someone working on a JIRA issue in one project to be able to quickly create a link to a new JIRA issue to be created in another project.

Example: A developer is working on or finishes their development (DEV project) issue, then realises that a customer documentation issue needs to be created for their changes - they should be able to use the More Actions > Link menu to both create a new doc issue (DOC project) and link it to it in one easy step... meaning, not having to go into the documentation JIRA project create a new issue there make a note of the JIRA number and then go back into the development issue and manually create the link. If developers need to do this extra step it is quite likely they will 'forget' to do it at all...

I notice that in Confluence it is possible to insert a link to a JIRA issue (and optionally create a new JIRA issue in the same step -- it seems odd that the same kind of feature is missing from JIRA itself. I think it would be a very useful feature!

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

You can do this with Exocet Plugin

This widget could not be displayed.

Thanks, installed the Exocet plugin and it works :)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

111 views 15 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you