Want to create a link AND create a new JIRA issue in the More Actions > Link menu...

futrix January 13, 2013

what I really want to do is enable someone working on a JIRA issue in one project to be able to quickly create a link to a new JIRA issue to be created in another project.

Example: A developer is working on or finishes their development (DEV project) issue, then realises that a customer documentation issue needs to be created for their changes - they should be able to use the More Actions > Link menu to both create a new doc issue (DOC project) and link it to it in one easy step... meaning, not having to go into the documentation JIRA project create a new issue there make a note of the JIRA number and then go back into the development issue and manually create the link. If developers need to do this extra step it is quite likely they will 'forget' to do it at all...

I notice that in Confluence it is possible to insert a link to a JIRA issue (and optionally create a new JIRA issue in the same step -- it seems odd that the same kind of feature is missing from JIRA itself. I think it would be a very useful feature!

2 answers

0 votes
futrix January 29, 2013

Thanks, installed the Exocet plugin and it works :)

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2013

You can do this with Exocet Plugin

Suggest an answer