Wallboards for OnDemand?

Samson Lov November 29, 2012

Hi, I'm using your on demand product to manage a team of developers, and we have large TV where we're currently displaying a dashboard. But I was curious if you had anything that looked better than the plain old dashboards and charts. I did a google search and found a wallboard plugin for locally installed versions of JIRA, but nothing for OnDemand. I was hoping to find something like this for JIRA, http://statusboard.me/ that would look good displayed on a 55inch TV and show easily absorbed information, rather than a see of white where you have to search around the screen to find information. If you know of a solution that would bring the wallboard functionality for JIRA to OnDemand, or some external site that we could use to display this information on a TV that would be awesome and would make life much easier for a lot of people I'm sure.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2012

Hey Mike,

According to the bottom of the page at: http://quickstart.atlassian.com/ondemand/jira/get-started/agile-planning/add-ons/ you should already have them enabled for you. Have you tried to use them? You need to click on View then Wallboard while on a Dashboard. If this is not working for you, I would recommend you open a support ticket with Atlassian and an engineer will investigate the issue.

Cheers,
Boris

Samson Lov December 5, 2012

Yeah, they work, but I was thinking maybe something that looks a little better and displays the information more clearly like the link I posted in my question. I figured maybe you might know if there is a third party solution.

Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2012

Hey Mike,

You can not install third party plugins in OnDemand. So if you have an external service with auth credentials to JIRA, it could pull info via the rest API or something? But I do not know of anyone who has done this as it could be a huge security issue.

Cheers,
Boris

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events