Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual integration of JIRA and Confluence (Similar to Jira Studio)

HealthTrust System Engineering September 23, 2012

My organization hosts a Confluence instance (4.2.5) and a JIRA instance (5.1.5). Both applications reside in the same domain.

I have seen screen shots of JIRA Studio displaying an Issues tab and a Wiki tab, giving users access to both JIRA and Confluence without having to browse between the two sites. In other words, it seems JIRA Studio is set up as a sort of Atlassian portal that allows browsing between apps.

Is this functionality available in the hosted enterprise version of Confluence & JIRA, through a plugin or otherwise?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2012

Unfortunately this is not possible by default in the On Premise Atlassian Products. Although other customers have asked for it, it requires significant effort from each product to be able to support this feature, and at the time being there is no ETA for this.

What I've found that may help you, is a third-party plugin called Unified Navigation Plugin, that can possibly achieve this effect. However, I'm not sure if it will work in Confluence 4.2.5 and JIRA 5.1.5, so if this is an option you'd like to have, you can contact the plugin's developer to verify the availability and compatibility of this plugin:

Additionally, if you wish to customize the applications you can look at a similar question here for reference: 'Something like Jira Studio Top Nav Bar for standalone Jira/Confluence/Fisheye combo'.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events