Viewing issue without being able to login the project

Hey all,

Did some looking around and I don't think what I want to do is possible but I figgured I'd ask.

So I have a client asking for a highly customized Jira project and one of the conditions is he wants users to be able to see their issue only when it's assigned to them in the workflow but not to be able to login to the project to see other active issues.

Here is what I have done. I created groups for requests/verifiers, developers etc... for each level of the workflow and created a permissions scheme for each group. So right now Requestors/verifiers can create an issue and that's all. They can't see the project or anything in their dashboard, but when the workflow gets to having them verify the changes that are going to be made they can't see the ticket unles they are in the Browse Projects Scheme.

Is this possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Not sure if I understand what you have done so far.

But you should look into Issue Security Level in JIRA - which defines who can see the issues.

You can set a default Security Level that only allows the assigne (and whoever else) to see the issue.

This way, the users still have Browse Permission (that is necessary for them to see an issue), but they wont see issues not assigned to them.

There is a whole world of configurations here, you can use groups, roles or specified users. But I think that's the way to go: Issue Security Level

Thanks, I never used the Issue Security before until now. Thanks for the help

Greg

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

28 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you