Using same options for a single and a multi select field

Peter Dörfler April 25, 2013

Use case: I have several dev teams in one project. There is a custom field (single select) so that I can assign a story, bug, etc. to a specific team and thus filter the board accordingly. However, I want the Epics to have project context and show them in all teams affected.

The only real option to achieve this that I can see is to have another multi select field with the same options as above to assign the Epic to the right team or teams. While this actually has some use in early, Epic-level planning I don't want to manage two identical option lists.

side note: I also considered just pulling in the Epics that have team stories through JQL. This has the following down-sides:
- Not standard JQL. And in On Demand I can't add some cool script plug-in
- I can't set the teams on Epics before the stories even exist. Not so nice workflow (think SAFe)
- when I create the Epic it won't have Stories associated and then it is not on my board. I think the only ways to link the two are drag & drop or create story from Epic. So no way really to get the Epic on my board.

Greatly appreciate any hints. Thanks, Peter

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2013

hi,

You can do this with using JJUPIN or jss (JPytho) scripting.

Peter Dörfler May 12, 2013

Though I can't currently do this, as I am using OnDemand, the JJUPIN plugin is on my list for the on site install I will be using later anyway.

Would you have a hint on how to share the options lists with JJUPIN?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events