It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Using regex capture groups in velocity Edited

Anders Lantz Sep 12, 2017

I´m setting up templates in JETI using velocity templates and HTLM, i´d like to use regex capture groups to retieve data from custom files. But I´m not quite sure how to invoke regex capture group in Velocity/Java, i´ve seen plenty of examples on how to replace text and verify matches but I have yet to find or figure this out. 

I can use this to retrive the customfiled data and present it to the user:

#set ($string =$!jetiFieldRenderer.renderCustomField($issue, "customfield_10238").toLowerCase())
$string

Here is what I think i need to do in JAVA but I´m not sure how to make velocity do it and present it.
Pattern pattern = Pattern.compile("\[(.*)\(.*\)\]"); 
Matcher matcher = pattern.matcher($string); 
matcher.group(1)

1 answer

1 vote
Bill Bailey Community Leader Feb 02, 2018

@Anders Lantz, did you ever figure this out? This is also what I need to do, but it is not working, Maybe the correct classes are not exposed in the Velocity context for user macros?

Anders Lantz Feb 05, 2018

Nah I had to resort to using "replaceAll" several times on the same custom field. 

For reference, here is one regex i used:

$!jetiFieldRenderer.renderCustomField($issue, "customfield_10515").replaceAll('(\[|\]| \(\w*-\d*\))','') 

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted in Off-topic

Disney Live Action Reboots: Are you for or against?

Happy Friday Everyone! Today marks the international release of Disney's live action version of the animated classic Aladdin. I know that this movie was met with some controversy of over cast...

167 views 21 9
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you