Using a Plugin to add data to an SQL Database

Thomas Hardin January 26, 2014

Is there a plugin that is avaiable that will allow me to enter data into an SQL database? I want to be able to create simple forms where users can enter data and reference when needed.

For example, if I have a product with multiple requirements, which are inventoried in an SQL Database, with metadata:

• Category - A
  • Section - B
  • Sub Section - 2
  • Requirement - X = Y when Z is present

I want my users to access a Confluence page, where they can view requirements by using a form where they enter specific data (dynamic query of sorts) and then if needed, they can submit feature requests to add or change them.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2014

There are a few options available to you. You could use Bob Swift's SQL plugin plus the Run plugin. Or you could use Play SQL Spreadsheets. Another option would be to create your own web service that can enter the data. The you create a form on a Confluence page and submit that data to the web service via ajax. You could use the html macro to add the form and requisite javascript to the Confluence page. You would probablu have to keep in mind to work around CORS(cross origin scripting). You can get around that with JSONP or setting up http headers to allow CORS. If you don't have the programming knowledge to do it yourself I would reccomend the plugins above.

Thomas Hardin January 27, 2014

Thank you Davin! This really helps out.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2014

Feel free to mark the answer if it meets your needs.

Thomas Hardin January 27, 2014

I think I did already, but I'm new to this. so, if i haven't, tell me how.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2014

Below the up and down arrows on an answer there is a check mark. Clicking on that marks the question as answered.

Martin October 11, 2018

Hello Thomas and David

I want to know if these answer actually helps you?  and if it did, can it also be applied in JIRA server or are there any plugins similar for JIRA??

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events