Using Crowd with redundant LDAP servers

Hi everybody,

in our company we have three LDAP-servers which point to one AD. This redundancy enables to use update/restart one of them, when the others are still online.

My question is now, do I encounter any problems when i configure three LDAP connectors in Atlassian Crowd which point to he same AD?

kind regards,

Andreas

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Although it's not officially supported, I've seem cases where customers have two identical LDAP servers and a load balancer in front of them. In this scenario Crowd could be configured pointing to the IP of the load balancer, instead of the actual servers.

Cheers

Connecting to replicated/redundant LDAP servers is not something which is is supported - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/User+Management+Limitations+and+Recommendations (that article is for JIRA and I guess it is the same for Crowd as JIRA has embedded crowd inside it)

Also - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CWD-422

Basically you can create several different LDAP directories but not for redundancy purposes.

...But why? Why do you guys put yourself into this position? It can be done......so......easily. Why not support it?

Using things like ucarp/relayd/carp/pacemaker and point crowd at the virtual shared IP works just fine...So why not allow us to enter 2 ldap servers in crowd to be used for redundancy? I don't get it.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

150 views 16 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you