Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Confluence for Policies and Procedures?

William Gibbs July 29, 2014

Is there a way to have a space with index and have a template for using confluence to publish our company policies and procedures? that way either the navigation tree and/or something on the main page shows policy number and you can print/email that policy if needed and it have a header with the policy number, policy title last revised date etc?

6 answers

2 votes
Colm Barry October 12, 2017

Can someone from the Atlassian team answer this question?

1 vote
Brian Smith April 11, 2020

Create the policy and procedure pages and name them with the corresponding index name.  Put a table on each of those pages with the appropriate high level information for that policy or procedure. For each of this pages you want grouped in a separate table add a label.  The label must be the same for all of these pages.  Perhaps a label "policy" for the policy pages and a label "procedures" for the procedure pages.  Or, make all the labels the same if you want to show them all then just use the same label for all.  Then use the page properties macro on another page and provide the label and other information.  You can also add the page properties to the table filter and charts macro (an app purchase) for advanced filtering and sorting.  Hope this helps.  

Here is a link to the page properties macro: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/page-properties-report-macro-186089616.html

Peter Watson October 28, 2020

Hello Brian, I am trying to do exactly as you describe here but I'm not well experienced in macros. I have 30 information security policies that I want users to be able to navigate, see the highlights/summary and to be able to print out a PDF for each policy and to see links. Each policy has an exception and there is a separate exception policy. I suppose I have to try out what you suggest. Perhaps I will start by having a separate page for eac policy and then try to build the summary pages and links using the macros.

0 votes
David Stephensen August 14, 2019

We're a bit slow to answer this, but we supply a Confluence template. See:

http://qdt.com.au/what-you-need-to-do/sell-your-business-or-step-back-document-it-first/

0 votes
Deleted user May 30, 2019

You could hire a developer to make a macro that could do this. But if you're okay with a more manual option then you can use the Page Policies macro.

We do this for our Standard Operating Procedures.

Sections are numbered starting with 1000 each new section increments by one thousand, and all sub-items are incremented by one. The second digit could specify a region (0=global,1=North America, 2=South and Central America, ...)

Then you could put a Page Report macro on the main Standard Operating Procedure page, and sort by the Document ID.

Example from our Physical Security team:

• General Guidance PS-0001
    • General Guidance addendum PS-0001a
  • Geophysical PS-1000
    • Earthquake PS-1001
    • Earthquake PS-1101
    • Hurricane PS-1002
  • Utilities PS-2000
    • Power Outage PS-2001
0 votes
Mark Rosenberg February 3, 2017

I have the same question.

0 votes
Tim Hart December 2, 2016

I know this is old, but I've run into the exact same issue. Any resolution?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events