Users cannot log work using the time tracking 'plus' in the issue page.

All developers have permission access to log work on their assigned issues, the permission scheme is correct and so is the issue type, this was working correctly for us in our last sprint, 1 week ago, and now nobody can log work time that way, but they can log from the board using the cog that appears on top of the issue when selected and using the option 'Log Work', time tracking is also enabled, but as I say the 'plus' button is disabled for everyone.

5 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Well it seemed that the Tempo license had expired and nobody noticed it, someone at JIRA support help me find this out, thanks for trying to help also.

Hi Jorge,

Actually this seems to because of this bug :

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/JTMPO-515

Where JIRA Tempo is breaking the worklog '+' button, the solution you will need to disable Temop if is not active, but if you are using OnDemand Solution, you will need to raise a support ticket regrading this issue so our support team can disable it to you.

Cheers,

Omar

Yilin Mo Atlassian Team Dec 11, 2012

Maybe you should check the project permission whether there are any chang on the time tracking permission?

Hi Omar and MOMO, thanks for answering, in fact Tempo is disabled. And I have doubled checked the permissions and everything is right.

Sorry for answering late, I haven't been able to check my mail.

Well it seemed that the Tempo license had expired and nobody noticed it, someone at JIRA support help me find this out, thanks for trying to help also.

As outlined above, Tempo had been removed. But, within the site administration menu, in the issues section, there is a Time Tracking section. Within this section, you can select time logging using either Tempo or "Jira Provided Time Tracking." For me, it was set to Tempo time tracking and this was reset to Jira Provided Time Tracking. This fixed the issue. 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Marketplace Apps

The 7 hacks of highly successful automation

...there's anything I've learnt from working, it's that people are lazy! No offense to anyone reading this, but it's true and we can all admit it. The easier you make something for someone, the more...

120 views 0 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you