Users are unable to manage watchers

Cordell Jeppsen August 21, 2012

We have set up some projects so the members of the user group and set other members as watchers. this works fine for me, but I am an administrator. It doesn't work for users in the user group, even though in permissions I have given permission to view watchers and to manage watchers to the project users group. If they begin to type names no matching account names appear, and if they hover over the Select Users icon a box appears which says they don't have permissions to view watchers.

2 answers

0 votes
Wilhelm Krüger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2012

If they begin to type names no matching account names appear,

Do your usergroup have the Global Permission "Browse Users"??

Cordell Jeppsen August 22, 2012

That was it. Thanks. This seems like an odd place for this permission. I would have expected it to be in permission schemes.

0 votes
Cordell Jeppsen August 21, 2012

In this sentence, "We have set up some projects so the members of the user group and set other members as watchers." I meant to say "We have set up some projects so the members of the user group CAN set other members as watchers."

Suggest an answer