User story acceptance tests

Kenneth Klein August 15, 2012

Do the Scrum artifacts support the ability to link a user story to its acceptance tests? Browsing through the website documentation, I could not see an answer to that one.

Note that I am considering Greenhopper and Jira for use at our organization, i.e., I do not have it yet.

Thanks,

Ken

3 answers

0 votes
Nicholas Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2012

Hello Ken, Gene,

You may also want to take a look at Behave, from their marketplace listing:

Behave for JIRA is a powerful and easy to use agile testing and requirements discovery tool. It allows users to take TDD to the next step, Acceptance Test Driven Development. Specific needs of a software product are expressed as acceptance criteria on User Stories, invaluable for discovering the real requirements through discussion. Further more the acceptance criteria can be automated as tests using Cucumber to provide instant feedback on software development progress.

Thanks,

Nicholas Muldoon
@GreenHopperTeam

0 votes
Gene Arch August 19, 2012

Ken,

If you use Confluence with JIRA, you can link an issue (story) to a WIKI page detailing the acceptance tests:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Linking+Issues

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Issue+Linking

This is how my organization does it at least, for test plans.

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2012

Hi Ken,

Please accept our apologies for this spam answer that has been left on your question. I have converted it to a comment so that your question still shows up as unanswered and one of our moderators will be along shortly to remove it entirely.

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer