User number limitation in a +100 license after upgrade to 5.2.4.1

Javier March 20, 2013

Dear Mr. or Mrs.,

My customer purchased 3 years ago an unlimited (+100) JIRA license and he has been properly paid the maintenance fees.

2 months ago, my customer upgraded his JIRA version to 5.2.4.1 and everything seemed to work properly.

Yesterday, he tried to create a new user and the following message appeared:

"There are currently 227 total user(s) set up in JIRA, of which 225 are active and count towards your license limit."

Obviously, the customer complaints that I has paid for an unlimited version and he does not understand what is happening.

Can anyone help me with this issue or tell me who can I ask for?

Thank you in advance.

Javier.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2013

I think you've misunderstood this message.

It is not telling you about licences, it is telling you about your current consumption of licences. You've got 227 users in there, and 225 of them count towards your limit. It does not matter what your limit is, Jira is simply displaying what you've got! If you've got an unlimited licence, great, you'll never see the "Can't add user, you've hit your limit" message.

You just need to explain that this message is for their information (although I'd have a quick look in "system information" and check the licence does say "unlimited")

Javier March 20, 2013

OMG, OMG, OMG

I must go back to school.

I'm sorry, Nic.

Thank you for your help.

Javier.

Suggest an answer