User link/pop-up in Answers

Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2013

While I do (really) like the new user details pop-up in the new UI, it lacks some information that the "old" Answers used to have and which I found to be useful: company and accept rate.

The company is useful when asking questions about a plugin. It's easier to see when someone answers your question from the company that actually makes the plugin, and IMHO it is best placed like it was in the "old" answers.

The accept rate by itself does not give out too much information, but it needs the number of questions asked in order to better serve its purpose. I see that the user pop-up already shows the number of questions asked, why not add the accept rate too?

Did anyone else use these features before? Do you miss them?

P.S. there's this really annoying bug that shows the pop-up when you just move your mouse over a user link and if you move away from it before it is actually shown (like it happens when you don't really want to see the pop-up, but just moving the mouse around and the user link just happens to be in its way), it will just stay there and won't go away.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2013

Thanks Florin. I noticed you also posted this as an improvement over at ANSWERS-1039, thanks for that. Actually I split it into two requests, the other one is Re-add company name to username display.

It was our intention not to take away any functionality with the redesign (although we did take away voting on questions intentionally, and we're going to bring that back too), so this is actually a bug/oversight, not intentional. We'll bring it back.

As for the really annoying pop-up, you're not the only one to say so. We're tracking that one too, and we'll improve it: Make User Hover appear after a delay and disappear on mouse move.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events