Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User gets intermittent ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS error

Jeff Johnston June 21, 2017

User is able to login through the main Confluence page, but when he tries to access individual wiki pages will intermittently get a "ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS" error.  This has been occurring over the last week or so, with the ability to access a page one moment, and then loses access later.

User is using Chrome as a default, has cleared all cookies, tried loading in Incognito Mode, tried loading from a new tab, a new instance, and from Internet Explorer, all giving the same error.

No changes have been made recently to the user's profile / access.  I confirmed the user's permissions to the page, and even added him to the overall site admin group. 

4 answers

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2020

Hm, interesting. 

How knows the root cause ?

0 votes
Chris Gallo June 27, 2017

I have the same problem right now. I get this error after about three page hops, or every single time I update a page. The page updates, but I have to go back to the home page to get back to the updated page.

0 votes
Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2017

Just a wild guess. 

Try changing the language under the users profile. 

-Lars 

0 votes
Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2017

I`d recommend opening Chrome developer tools, ticking "Preserve log" and try to log on. 

Then you will see whats actually going on. 

Does this affect one user or all users?

Cheers,

Lars, Kantega Single Sign-on

Jeff Johnston June 22, 2017

As far as I'm aware, it is only affecting one user.  For example, I was able to access all of the pages he was not able to, despite giving him the same privileges I have.

The user is not particularly tech-savvy and lives several states away, so it may be a challenge to talk him through the steps necessary to get the developer data.  For the time being, let's assume that information won't be available.

Jeff Johnston June 22, 2017

Got the Chrome log...it's two pages' worth of errors.  Significant/repeated errors are:

• DEPRECATED JS - [resource specified] has been deprecated batch.js?locale=en-GB:128 since 5.8.0 and will be removed in a future release. Use [resource specified]   (there are a number of variants of this error, each specifying a different resource deprecated and what resource should be used instead.)

• sychrony.atlassian.io/v1/data/matrixgrp-4dcda7f0-b351-3667-a341-061c9546f5...6?state-at=@head&state-format=type-tagged&rewrite-request=true&cached=true

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()

• Failed to run init function: TypeError: Failed batch.js?local=en-GB:369 to execute 'observe' on MutationObserver': parameter 1 is not of type 'node'.

Appreciate any help....

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events