User-centric Account summary timesheet in Tempo

Sean M September 24, 2013

I've done a lot of searching and experimentation and this appears to be impossible, but I wanted to ask here...

Is there a way to generate a timesheet that is a timesheet with a user's total hours per Account (for any of the standard time periods)?

I'm thinking of "per Account" as in the worklog attribute described here: https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO/Account+as+a+Worklog+Attribute

Here's what I have tried so far:

• Use the Account view in Tempo timesheet. This gives time by account, but I'd have to pick every account individually AND remove other user's time manually.
  • Use the standard timesheet view, select the view as Report, Report in a tabular view, or Report in a table view and then under Views options select the Account checkbox. This can be exported to Excel and summed there, but that's assuming that 1) the user gets the correct report exported, 2) the user orders values correctly in Excel, and 3) the user sums values correctly in Excel. This is too many assumptions.

Is there any other way to do this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

3 answers

0 votes
Chris Lalande September 30, 2013

This would be a great help to us as well.... +1 to this!

0 votes
Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2013

Hi Sean,

We are working towards a solution to your problem that will be available through the Tempo UI.

Best,

Viðar

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2013

Hi Sean,

you could try to use the Excel export from the Account report view. Go to the Account timesheet and choose All Accounts. In the Report view you have the possibility to export the information to Excel. In Excel you will have to create a pivot table to get only the information you are interested in. See http://blog.tempoplugin.com/2012/pivoting-tempo-and-jira-reports-using-excel/ for more information.

Hope this helps

Susanne (Tempo)

Sean M September 25, 2013

Hi Susanne,

Thanks for your time and your answer. Unfortunately, given the people who will be using this, creating a pivot table in Excel (or even using Excel at all in some cases) is not going to be a viable option.

What we may end up doing is using the API to accomplish this, as we do need to do this work as much as possible within a browser.

Thanks again,

Sean

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events