User Picker autocomplete not populating

I am using JIRA 7 and my end users (customers) cannot select a person in the User Picker field.  The function works properly for servicedesk agents and administrators but not for end customers that are logged in via Active Directory credentials.

By default, the Browse User global permission originally had access by the Anyone group but I cannot even find that group.  I added Active Directory groups to include Browse User permission access but that did not resolve the issue.

I'm not sure what to try next.

3 answers

I vaguely remember there was a bug in early JIRA 7 versions that you might be affected from. 

I'd like to further clarify my issue.  Servicedesk users and Administrators see the user picker field as a drop-down box with the text "Search for a user" in the field.  End user customers see the field as a standard field (not a drop-down) without any default text in the field.

I think the issue is related to the Browse User global permission.  Please see my original issue for details.

Brad, were you able to get a resolution to this issue? We are experiencing the same problem on JIRA 7.3.6 with JSD 3.5.0.

Our team has determined a possible workaround is to open up permissions on the SD project, then use issue security to prevent customers from viewing issues. We are using service desks to serve internal teams, but I do not prefer that proposed implementation because it effectively makes all customers agents.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Jason Wong
Published Tuesday in Agility Beta

Welcome to agility

Every team in the world is unique, and so   Atlassian believes   that each and every team's best way of working  needs to  be molded to their unique circumstances  – ...

398 views 6 16
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot