Use Zapi to update the executed by and execution date

Jan Hordes April 11, 2014

When updating test results to my cycle/test execution through zapi I would like to update the status, executedOn with the time my test finished and executedBy with a user name of the automated user.

The status updates correctly, however the executedOn does not. The HTTP response is 200. Is the executedOn field writeable? It seems that it changes only when the status field is changed. I would like to have the executedOn reflect the value in the test result log if possible. Is this the correct api?

id='188'

status='1'

executedOn="140409"

curl -ujhordes:Welcome123 --include --header "Content-Type: application/json" \

--request PUT \

--data-binary "{

\"status\": ${status} , \

\"executedOn\": ${executedOn} }" "http://slc03sgh:8080/rest/zapi/latest/execution/${id}/execute"

1 answer

0 votes
Swapna Kumar Vemula [Zephyr]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2014

Hello Jan,

This question has been answered for you through our support portal. Here is the answer that was shared with you "The 'executedOn' and 'executedBy' fields are generated by the system when the status is changed. There is no call that allows these fields to be modified. As a workaround for your need, you may put additional execution information in the comment of the execution, which users can view when clicking the 'E' button for the execution".

Kind Regards,

Swapna Kumar Vemula.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events