Upgrading from 4.2.4 to 6.1 - versions steps?

Lene Askjell December 5, 2013

Hi.

We have a 4.2.4 version og Jira and are planning to upgrade to version 6.1.

What is the best way to do it? I guess its not a good idea to upgrade directly to version 6.1 but maybe do small steps with the versions upgrade? Does anyone have a successful "version-steps" for 4.2.4 to 6.1?

I think maybe first step should be 4.4.5? and next good upgrade version after 4.4.5?

2 answers

0 votes
Lene Askjell December 11, 2013

Thanks for your reply.

We got some trouble from 4.4.5 to 6.1 so I tried to upgrade from 4.2.4 - .4.3 - 4.4.5 - 5.0 - 5.1 - 5.2 - 6.0 and it was fine - but when we upgraded to 6.1.4 we got some problems - I will have a look at it soon.

Thanks again :)

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2013

You have it right. It is recommended to upgrade from JIRA 4.2.x to JIRA 4.4.5 first before getting to JIRA 6.1. The reason is because on JIRA 4.3, there is a big change in the User Management where JIRA started to user Embedded Crowd. See here.

It is fine to upgrade directly from JIRA 4.4.5 to JIRA 6.1. You can find more information in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Upgrading+JIRA+3.x+Data+to+JIRA+6.x

Suggest an answer