Upgrading from 4.2.4 to 6.1 - versions steps?

Hi.

We have a 4.2.4 version og Jira and are planning to upgrade to version 6.1.

What is the best way to do it? I guess its not a good idea to upgrade directly to version 6.1 but maybe do small steps with the versions upgrade? Does anyone have a successful "version-steps" for 4.2.4 to 6.1?

I think maybe first step should be 4.4.5? and next good upgrade version after 4.4.5?

2 answers

0 votes

You have it right. It is recommended to upgrade from JIRA 4.2.x to JIRA 4.4.5 first before getting to JIRA 6.1. The reason is because on JIRA 4.3, there is a big change in the User Management where JIRA started to user Embedded Crowd. See here.

It is fine to upgrade directly from JIRA 4.4.5 to JIRA 6.1. You can find more information in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Upgrading+JIRA+3.x+Data+to+JIRA+6.x

Thanks for your reply.

We got some trouble from 4.4.5 to 6.1 so I tried to upgrade from 4.2.4 - .4.3 - 4.4.5 - 5.0 - 5.1 - 5.2 - 6.0 and it was fine - but when we upgraded to 6.1.4 we got some problems - I will have a look at it soon.

Thanks again :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published 2 hours ago in Jira Ops

Jira Ops Early Access Program Update #1: Announcing our next feature and a new integration

Thanks for signing up for Jira Ops! I’m Matt Ryall, leader for the Jira Ops product team at Atlassian. Since this is a brand new product, we’ll be delivering improvements quickly and sharing updates...

36 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you