Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading an evaluation license with a starter license

yoshinori kawahara November 18, 2013

We downloaded and installed an evaluation copy of JIRA + Agile. This installation has a SEN and a Server-id that matches the details in the myAtlassian account that was created when we downloaded the evaluation copy. So far so good.

We now have bought a 'JIRA Agile for JIRA 10 Users: Starter License'. A different part of our organisation purchased the license on our behalf. In the process a new myAtlassian account was created, with its own SEN.

When we try to apply the license we purchased to our evaluation installation the license key is rejected with a message " Invalid license key specified". How do we go about applying the license we purchased to our installation. Ideally we would not want to re-install since we already have data on the evaluation copy which we'd like to preserve.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

User error. I was attempting to paste the 'JIRA Agile' license key into the JIRA server license window of my server.

I went back to the person who purchased our license and got him to enter our server id to retrieve the JIRA license. I then pasted this JIRA license into the server license window and the license was accepted.

Then to update the 'Jira Agile' license: I went to the Administration console and selected 'Add-ons'. Then selected 'Manage add-ons' on the left-hand side and expanded the 'JIRA Agile' add-on. There is a little pencil next to the License key field, click on that and I could supply the 'JIRA Agile' license key.

All's well now. Both 'JIRA' and 'JIRA Agile' are using the licenses we've purchased.

This may be helpful too:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CUST/Viewing+and+Updating+Your+Product+Licenses+Details

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events