Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading JIRA 4.0.1 , Confluence 3.1 , Crowd 2.0.3 and Postgres 8.4 to latest versions

Peter Atthem February 2, 2014

Hi,

Am doing an upgrade on JIRA 4.0.1 to 6.1.7, Confluence to 5.4.2, Crowd to 2.7 and Postgres to 9.2.

Is there any compatibility matrix and suggestion where to start.

For JIRA, I know I need to go to 4.4.5 before I go to 6.

Should I start with crowd and make sure all looks good before doing the other applications?

And if I upgrade crowd to latest, will the orther applications still work?

Feels like a bit much to do in a big bang.

Thanks

Peter

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter Atthem May 8, 2014

Hi,

Thanks Svante.

Here is the steps I took and it worked good.

Step 1. Upgrade Crowd to 2.1.1 due to JIRA 4.0.1 and confluence compatabilitlty.

Step 2. Upgrade from JIRA 4.0.0.1 to 4.4.5

Step 3. Upgrade Crowd to 2.7

Step 4. Upgrade JIRA to 6.1.7

Step 5. Upgrade Confluence to 3.5.17

Step 6. Upgrade Confluence to 4.3.7

Step 7. Upgrade Confluence to 5.4

Steg 9. Upgrade Postgres 8.4 to 9.0

I took lots of steps due to major changes in JIRA and Confluence in earlier versions.

Might have been a bit over safe to do all steps, but it worked and we are happy =)

BR

Peter

0 votes
Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2014

Great to hear about large upgrade efforts, excitng! I would do them one at a time and the database upgrade last.

Make sure you look at the minor and major version release notes for each application to see what actions to take, especially regarding user mgmt with Crowd. Then you can figure out the order.

I am not sure this is still applicable but be aware that JIRA 6.2 (or 6.1.7) not support Postgres 9.2

See: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Supported+Platforms

Still on Postgres 9.0 :-(

Cheers,

// Svante

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events