Upgraded to Jira 5.1.3 from 5.0.6 and am being told to upgrade bundled plugins.

Unix Team August 28, 2012

Hi,

Recently upgraded Jira from 5.0.6 to 5.1.3 and once logged in I noticed I was being told there are upgrades available for the following plugins which I believe must be bundled since I have not installed them manually. They are..

FishEye Plugin 5.0.4.1

JIRA Bamboo Plugin 5.0

JIRA iCalendar Plugin 1.0.8

JIRA Issue Collector Plugin 1.1.1

My question is why, since I just upgraded to the latest Jira 5.1.3 WAR version am I being prompted to upgrade what I beleive are bundled plugins (since they appear in jira-home/plugins/.bundledplugins/) - Shouldn't you have inclunded the updates in the WAR distribution of Jira 5.1.3 ?

Further to the above, whenever I try to install/upgrade plugins from within Jira it never works. It just sits there. (screenshot attached) I have configured the proxy using the following startup parameters in tomcat -Dhttp.proxyHost=proxy -Dhttp.proxyPort=8080 - nothing appears in any Jira logs to indicate there is any problem.

I can see from my proxy logs that the requests to plugins.atlassian.com:443 are completed succesfully yet the plugin upgrade/install never works.

2 answers

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2012

Those particular plugins are bundled in but they are not core functionality. You can disable those particular plugins if you do not use their functionality. That is why they are not included under system plugins.

Jira 5.0.6 and under had some buggy UPM plugins. Harry is correct that you should manually install the UPM to fix things up if and only if you do not have the latest UPM for Jira version 5.1.3.

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2012

Hi, you need to add localhost as a nonProxyHost and if your proxy requires authentication that needs to be added. Make sure that UPM (plugin manager) is at the latest version. You may need to manually upgrade this from the marketplace.

About the plugins: plugins are updated separately although bundled with releases (even for bundled plugins - core plugins will never get updated outside of releases though). They can be updated even after a version has released. A version is usually finalized, packaged and tested for a while before they are released and hence the difference.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events