Upgrade Plugins doesn't show GreenHopper updates

Anson Hoyt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2012

I want to upgrade Greenhopper, but the Jira plugin manager doesn't see any updates available.

• I have Greenhopper 5.9.7.3 installed on Jira 5.0.0.
  • The upgrade documentation says I will see the upgrade in the Plugins manager, but I don't see any available updates.
  • The plugin page shows version 5.10.5 is available and Jira 5.0.x is in Supported Platforms, so an update should show up.

Also, when I run a "Jira Upgrade Check" on my Plugins, results are listed as: Incompatible, Compatible or Unknown. Greenhopper is listed as "Unknown" because "These plugins have not been registered with the Atlassian Plugin Exchange". Does this somehow explain the inability to upgrade?

It seems like my GreenHopper is suffering from some form of amnesia. Does anyone know the cure?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2012

Hi Anson,

I think your problem is related to the old version of UPM..

Please upgrade your Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager..

If you are using JIRA 5.0 you should be using UPM ver. 2.4

After that everything should work..

NOTE:

If you are not promted to update UPM automaticaly please look at the Systems Plugins

Please let me know if that helps..

Regards,

Mirek

Anson Hoyt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2012

Yes, I have UPM 1.5.3 but there isn't an update button for the plugin. Based on this blog post, the UPM plugin didn't learn how to update itself until UPM 1.6.x, so I must have to upgrade UPM manually.

• The UPM plugin page shows that UPM 2.4.1 is compatible with JIRA 4.3 - 5.0.7.

I found two ways to install a plugin manually:

1. __installing a JIRA plugin manually talks about shutting Jira down and copying the jar. This is documentation for Jira 5.0.x.
  2. Based on How do I tell if a Plugin is 'Version 1' or 'Version 2', the UPM 2.4.1 is Plugin System Two, and this page indicates I can upload the plugin through UPM then Jira will tell me if it needs to restart. This is also documentation for Jira 5.0.x.

The second option looks nicer, but is either preferred for JIRA 5.0.0 with UPM 1.5.3?

Anson Hoyt
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2012

I manually upgraded to UPM 2.4.1 using option 2 (Installing a JIRA Plugin). I had to restart, and then UPM finally showed me to "Upgrade" button for GreenHopper. I'm now playing with the new version :-)

Thanks for suggesting the solution!

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2012

Great! :)

I hope that you will like new GreenHopper :)

Regards,

Mirek

0 votes
David Chan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2012

If you select your existing GreenHopper plugin within UPM, are you able to upgrade that way?

• JIRA Administration > Plugins > Manage Existing/Installed
  • Locate/expand the GreenHopper plugin
  • Is there an update button?

As for why some plugins are not appearing under "Available Updates", it may be related to this:

Anson Hoyt
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2012

No, there is no update button. Here is a screenshot from /plugins/servlet/upm#manage:

I'll look into the link regarding "Available Updates"...it looks like an unresolved issue :-\

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events