Upgrade Jira 5.0.1 (Windows 64 Bit Installer) to JIRA 5.2.4 (Windows 64 Bit Installer)

Hello support,

We like to be sure of the upgrade we like to do of Jira and Confluence.

Our current version of Jira is : Atlassian JIRA(v5.0.1#721-sha1:838c4a0)

New version of Jira is : JIRA 5.2.4 (Windows 64 Bit Installer)

Our current version of Confluence is : Atlassian Confluence 4.1.7 (SEN-1061026)

New version of Confluence is : Confluence 4.3.5 - Windows Installer (64 bit).

Can I upgrade to these new versions right away or must I upgrade to a version(s) in between, before I can upgrade to the newest version/release ?

With kind regards,

Ramon Rottier

ramon@huinink.com

+31 111 676262

4 answers

1 accepted

Hi Ramon,

You can upgrade righ away from JIRA 5.0.1 to JIRA 5.2.4 and from Confluence 4.1.7 for Confluence 4.3.5.

In the JIRA case you only need a stage version when upgrading from really old versions. From 4.3 and newer you can go right away for the latest.

And AFAIK, for Confluence, you don't need any stage version in the 4.x series.

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

Hello everybody,

Thank you for your reply.

The answer given by "Lucas Timm" was enough for me to know.

The upgrade went smoothly without big problems. Only thing I forgot to do, is to update the licence code before upgrade. But after the upgrade I still had a chance to fill in the new licence code.

This question can be closed.

With kind regards,

Ramon.

0 vote

Hi Amar,

For better understanding on how to upgrade your JIRA by using the Window Installer, please review the following Atlassian documentation:

Hope its help.

Jira has an almost mandatory intermediate upgrade step at 4.4 and Confluence has it at 3.5.17.

But as both your current versions are past those stages you should be fine upgrading them directly.

I would still recommend that you perform the upgrade on a test instance before trying it on production.

Rahul

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: Magic Eyes

...staring into the background. Once the image pops out in 3D, you can look around the picture and enjoy. If you will see if you are a true illusion master! :) You did it? :) Wow! Awesome! As a bonus...

458 views 83 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you