Upgradation of jira 5.0.7 to 5.2.5

srrekanth January 31, 2013

Hi all,

we are planning to upgrade JIRA from 5.0.7 to 5.2.5.If one can share the the advantages and disadvantages.If there any major bugs associated to it.since after we ugraded jira 4.4.4 to jira 5.0.7 we are facing many errors in log.

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2013

I'm afraid that's far too vague and open question. We don't know what your setup is, or what problems you might encounter.

• Read the release notes for 5.1 and 5.2
  • Read the upgrade documentation
  • Try it on a test system.

I'd also recommend investigating your existing errors - upgrading a system on top of a set of unknown errors is asking for trouble, as you could easily compound them. You need to know what their causes are before you can safely upgrade.

0 votes
DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2013

From 5.0.7 --> 5.2.5 these are major features (for me):

JIRA 5.2

• Instant search — new instant search bar and search results, shared filters on the issue navigator, pre-built system filters
  • Background reindexing
  • SSL configuration via JIRA configuration tool
  • Redesigned project workflows configuration
  • Copy/edit issue collectors

JIRA 5.1

• Inline editing and fewer page reloads
  • Issue collector
  • Easier workflow editing
  • Deactivate users
  • 'Autowatch' issues you create or comment on
  • Remote and local JIRA issue link improvements
  • Automatic time zone detection