Updating from the v.4.3.4 of JIRA to the latest version of JIRA

What's the latest version of JIRA?

Which way would you prefer ? By uninstalling the old version and installing the latest version of JIRA or by just upgrading to the latest version of JIRA. I want to prevent the data loss and ı want to upgrade without error.

My system is mysql database and windows 2003 server.

Thanks.

2 answers

0 vote

5.06. See the notes for detailed instructions:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA050/Upgrading+JIRA

Also see all the release notes for individual releases to understand the changes.

5.0;.6

You just need to follow the upgrade guide. Just make sure you make all the backups, I have run into unknnown file/directory locking issues where I needed to restore and try again at a later date on our windows 2003 server.

Also make sure you read the all the upgrade release notes to see if there will be any issues.

Thanks for answers.

If I uninstall whole v.4.3.4 and connect to data base after install v.5.0.6, is it right ?

Did you read the above notes? Unless you change the server or DB or indexs/attachments path, upgrade utility can be used for 4.3+ to 5.0.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

214 views 4 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you