Currently we have an OnDemand account with Atlassian, but are interested in migrating to our own hosted solution.
1) What kind of hardware do we need to host Atlassian products on our own servers?
2) If we migrate to a hosted account could we import all of the data our current OnDemand account has?
3) Would Atlassian help/offer support in the migration process?
4) I have a quote of ~$2700 for our suite of Atlassian products, is this a one time fee or a yearly charge?
I'll just add to Mathew's response.
1. The hardware you need depends on the size of your instance and the number of users (and concurrent users). It varies depending on your usage. Generally Confluence and JIRA would need at least 1gb of ram each though.
3. Atlassian can help provide you with the export if you have trouble getting it and instructions on how to import etc... but not much more than that.
4. I'd suggest going with the yearly charge to get the support/updates. 12 months of updates is peace of mind to ensure you get all the latest bug fixes, security patches, etc...
1) Hardware Requirements depends very much on the sacle of your data but here is a good start: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Server+Hardware+Requirements+Guide
2) Yes, you have access to the backup manager https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Backing+up+and+exporting+data
3) They will probably direct you to a local partner: http://www.atlassian.com/resources/experts
4) It will be a purchase fee + 12 months support. You don't have to renew but you will not have support or be able to upgrade.
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs