Updated field not accurate when copying during post function

Molly Favret May 1, 2014

I have a post function in my workflow that copies the value from the "Updated" system field to another time-date field called "Closed". I am doing this at several other points in the workflow to capture when the request is Acknowledged, Resolved, etc. It is working in all cases except for the Closed case. Instead of capturing the current time-date stamp, it is capturing the time-date stamp of the previous step. Basically, it does not appear to be refreshing. Can anyone advise on how to get this to update?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2014

Can you check the order of your post functions. It seems you doing the copy before the issue is updated.

Molly Favret May 1, 2014

What post function would update this field (update the issue)? I have the post functions in this case the same as the other examples where I am using this, so I'm pretty sure this is not the problem.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2014

yes, "Update this is issue and set the status ..." or something like this.

If your order is correct it could be a permission problem. Can you edit closed issues? If not it will not work. In that case you would need to set that field to the current timestamp before that post function.

Molly Favret May 1, 2014

The post functions are in the correct order. I also have permission to edit closed issues. Here is a screenshot. Again, this is working correctly for other workflows so I'm not sure what is wrong in this case.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 1, 2014

Well, I can't see your screenshot, unfortunately.

Molly Favret May 1, 2014

For some reason it is allowing me to add but is not showing up. The order is as follows:

Set issue status to the linked status of the destination workflow step

The field Closed will take the value from Updated

Assign to the reporter

Add a comment if entered during transition

Update change history for an issue and store the issue in the database

Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database

Fire an Issue Closed event

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 1, 2014

try and put

The field Closed will take the value from Updated

after

Update change history for an issue and store the issue in the database

Molly Favret May 1, 2014

This worked! Thanks!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events