Universal Validator

bradley kramer August 12, 2014

I am trying to write a workflow validator for a project. When the user creates an issue, I want the summary to require a specific string and include the reporters name. I have tried several metheods but all of them fail. Thais is what I have, any help would be great.

{Summary} = "Some Text" & {Reporter}

I have also tried:

{Summary} = "Some Text" & [user]

there were the closest i could get but it still fails

4 answers

1 vote
Ruben Straube August 17, 2014

Hello Bradley,

unfortunately, the only macros that are supported right now are [user] and [now] for the current user and the current time, respectively. We see how it makes sense to include support for other fields and might implement that in the future. I have created a feature request at: https://tngtech-oss.atlassian.net/browse/JWFE-37

However, there are still bugs to work on that we think have higher priority. As we work on the plugin in our spare time, we unfortunately cannot promise when that feature will be implemented. But, since the plugin is open source, we invite any coders out there to collaborate.

Cheers,

Ruben Straube

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2014

I suppose you're talking about the "Workflow Enhancer" for JIRA.

Documentation is here: https://tngtech-oss.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JWFE/Workflow+Enhancer+for+JIRA+Documentation

Please refer to that document to get the syntax right

Radu,

Thanks for the help, unfortunately, I have been thru that doc and it is still not clear. I have zero programming or scripting experience. Most of the docs I have read assume some level of understanding, which I do not have.

and guidence as to how to make this work would be great

bradley

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2014

Hi Bradley,

Unfortunately I cannot help you (we're with JJUPIN, and we have little knowledge of other workflow plugins). From what I see, you should use a dynamic regex, but I cannot be sure if it works of if WE supports it, and I do not have time to check it.

Please mark the answer as non-definitive, so somebody with a better understanding of this plugin to be able to help you.

0 votes

I have trid using script runner but cannot get the syntax down, i would like to simplify this with just using the "Universal Validator" validator. If I separate the two requirement, they each work, but it's when I try to combine them that it fails. For example

I enter as a validator

{Summary} = "User Access Request" this works and the issue is created

I enter as a validator

{Summary} = {Reporter} this works as long as I remove the previous validator mentioned above.

I cannot figure out how to get the two requirements to work together. Does this make sense?

I did get this to pass the boolean syntax check, but when i attemt to create a ticket, it fails

(({Summary} = " User Access Request" ) + ( {Summary} ={Reporter} ))

I know I am getting closer but am still stuck..

Thanks for any help you can offer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2014

What are you using for scripting?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events