I am on Confluence 4.2.4. Under Manager Add-on, I chose Confluence Update Check, version 4.3.7 and it would not work giving this error message:
An error occurred while connecting to the Atlassian Marketplace. For more information about this problem, please refer to the UPM documentation.
I followed the troubleshooting steps here with no luck:
I do not use a proxy server on campus. How can I make this work?
I worked with my Network Engineer in an attempt to make this work:
1. We disabled our content filter
2. We opened up our firewall completely to the IP address of the Confluence server
3. He has a monitoring box that can see all traffic to and from the internet. He did a packet capture while trying to do the check and could not see any problems via the packet capture
4. I verified the BaseURL which is http://tech.victorschools.org
Still have the same issue
Hi-- as I mentioned above, we've opened a JIRA issue for investigating this (https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/UPM-3339), and it would be very helpful if you could respond to the information request there. It's not really practical to try to follow a support issue like this on the Atlassian Answers page.
We have some reasons that can make Confluence not be able to connect to marketplace, let's analyze them:
1) Environment - The first one in most common reason is the network: A proxy or a firewall blocking the way to marketplace. Even if you are not using a proxy, is important to check if there's a firewall that can be doing this. Even when the ping works it does mean the the access is completely clear, since the ping uses the icmp protocol instead of the ip (used for usual internet connections).
So please, check with the responsible for the network security if the marketplace is blocked somehow - maybe in a black list.
Since with the upgrade of Confluence UPM was upgraded as well, is important to configure your firewall to be able to access some URLs and Ports as you can see here.
2) BaseURL - The [BaseURL in Confluence must be exactly the same URL used to access Confluence in your Browser. To do that go to Confluence Admin > General Configuration
Hope it helps!
In a world of dark-scrum, faux-scrum, and scrum-butt, the question still remains: What is scrum and how do you do it “right?” That’s the question we set out to answer. I'm Max, I've been teaching c...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs