Universal Plugin Manager cannot connect to marketplace

H February 18, 2013

I am on Confluence 4.2.4. Under Manager Add-on, I chose Confluence Update Check, version 4.3.7 and it would not work giving this error message:
An error occurred while connecting to the Atlassian Marketplace. For more information about this problem, please refer to the UPM documentation.

I followed the troubleshooting steps here with no luck:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/UPM/Problems+Connecting+to+the+Atlassian+Marketplace

I do not use a proxy server on campus. How can I make this work?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
H February 25, 2013

I worked with my Network Engineer in an attempt to make this work:

1. We disabled our content filter

2. We opened up our firewall completely to the IP address of the Confluence server

3. He has a monitoring box that can see all traffic to and from the internet. He did a packet capture while trying to do the check and could not see any problems via the packet capture

4. I verified the BaseURL which is http://tech.victorschools.org

Still have the same issue

elibishop
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2013

Hi-- as I mentioned above, we've opened a JIRA issue for investigating this (https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/UPM-3339), and it would be very helpful if you could respond to the information request there. It's not really practical to try to follow a support issue like this on the Atlassian Answers page.

H February 26, 2013

The issue has been resolved, the Marketplace had one small bug that was fixed and now UPW works fine. Thanks for the quick response on this

0 votes
Farzad Panahi February 25, 2013

I have the same problem.

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2013

We have some reasons that can make Confluence not be able to connect to marketplace, let's analyze them:

1) Environment - The first one in most common reason is the network: A proxy or a firewall blocking the way to marketplace. Even if you are not using a proxy, is important to check if there's a firewall that can be doing this. Even when the ping works it does mean the the access is completely clear, since the ping uses the icmp protocol instead of the ip (used for usual internet connections).
So please, check with the responsible for the network security if the marketplace is blocked somehow - maybe in a black list.
Since with the upgrade of Confluence UPM was upgraded as well, is important to configure your firewall to be able to access some URLs and Ports as you can see here.

2) BaseURL - The [BaseURL in Confluence must be exactly the same URL used to access Confluence in your Browser. To do that go to Confluence Admin > General Configuration

Hope it helps!

0 votes
H February 18, 2013

I am already running version 2.8.2 which is the newest. When I upgraded Confluence from 3.5.x to 4.2.4 I was able to upgrade all the plugins fine using the Update All button. What I cannot do is do the plugin check to see if I am all set to jump to 4.3.7

elibishop
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 24, 2013

We've opened an issue for this: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/UPM-3339

Unfortunately, so far I've been unable to reproduce the problem using Confluence 4.2.4 and UPM 2.8.2. Some more information would be helpful - see comments on the issue.

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 18, 2013

Have you tried to install the latest UPM?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events