Unable tp upload Excel with Macros

Elif Özcumali June 4, 2015

Hey guys,

I tried to upload an xls file with macros. But the Excel Macro is not showing any .xlsm files, so I cannot select the files.

Is there any workaround ? Or something like?

Thanks in advance

4 answers

0 votes
Elif Özcumali July 6, 2015

how can I see which version the add on has?

I couldnt find it ...

Thanks

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2015

Ask your administrator to find the add-on in the Add-on section.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2015

The Excel macro will display .xlsm files. Just make sure you have a recent version of the add-on like 5.2.0 for instance. Copy and paste the attachment or other name into the Location parameter.

Marc Moroz April 22, 2018

xlsm isn't support on the server side and this is several years later.

drsette February 6, 2019

Is anyone else trying to use xlsm on the server version of Confluence? We aren't able to use the view in Excel Macro and it doesn't show up when you drag it in as a thumbnail. Is there another option we don't know about?

0 votes
Elif Özcumali June 19, 2015

We are not able to view/ display  an Microsroft Excel file withe the ending .xlsm (includes marcos).

We can´t run the Excel macros by viewing the file in confluence

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2015

I don't understand your question. What do you mean by "upload an xls file with macros"?

Marc Moroz February 6, 2019

The Confluence Excel viewer macro doesn't recognize .xlsm so people change the extension to .xls which retains the macros and makes it recognizable to the Excel viewer. 

drsette February 11, 2019

When I change it to .xls it doesn't view properly. I end up seeing macro code in the boxes instead of the output I am expecting to see. We ended up creating a PDF to view on the page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events